Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Crashes During Realtek Audio driver Setup

• Please log in to reply

Leelad00

Leelad00

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
sorry guys im back.. yes i did uninstall it, and it wont work.. driver sweeper wont work. :/ what do you suggest that i do in this current situation.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I suggest, you spend 15 bucks for new sound card...

Leelad00

Leelad00

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
nothing is wrong with my sound card. it worked fine before i formatted my computer. so i want it to work now. This means it must be a software error. not a hardware.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
I'm not sure what else to tell you...:)

Leelad00

Leelad00

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
well,i figured out that it was the .NET framework that wouldnt let me open the driver sweeper thing, so i installed the newest version, and it opened and worked fine. however, after i tried to install the SiS audio codec again (if that was the right one? if not maybe you could be kind enough to post the link for the codec here again:) ) i got this error message: "-536870397" and then another message saying that it couldnt install the driver. then it exited the install.
to be honest, i dont think i have uninstalled the driver properly.. how do i check for this? Everytime i turn on my computer after resetting it, the detected new hardware bubble pops up, and says it has found the multimedia device, and the Realtek audio a 97 or something similar... then it asks me to continue the installation anyway (with it being not digitally signed) so i click yes, then it asks for a destination to a CD in which i do not have..

Any help?

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Did you download and install this?
http://www.foxconnch...ID=en-us0001235

Then, I don't see any Realtek in your Everest report. You may need to run Windows Installer CleanUp Utility: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 and look for Realtek entry there.

Leelad00

Leelad00

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
ok, i cleaned all the drivers, ran the cleanup utility, and then when my computer restarted, i tried to install that link you gave me.. still the same "failed to install drivers, Would you like to continue with installation?"

?

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Unfortunately, I'm out of ideas...

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Infection
Bad sound card
bad pci slot
bad downloads
failing MOBO

Now to look at this realistic.
Bad Pci.. highly unlikely since the card is identified
Bad downloads... I doubt it since we have tried several sites and different downloads
Bad sound card... Likely even if it did work before it could have been shocked or just failed.
Failing MOBO... No other signs of this at all in everything we have tried.

Have you tried to get AC97 from the official site?

Download Realtek AC97 driver

Leelad00

Leelad00

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
hmm. i tired to go along with the installation that it automatically does.. then when it prompted me for a file it couldnt find, i simply searched for its location on search, then i found it like that. i got to a certain file, and then it just reset my pc, and said i recovered from a serious error.

i dont understand how a format can kill a sound card.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Coincidences happen.

Leelad00

Leelad00

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
i tried to install the driver from the official site, and all i got was halfway through, then it reset my computer again :)

EDIT - im going to bed.. 1:11am here xD

thanks for all your help anyway.. i hope maybe someone gets a solution :)

Edited by Leelad00, 07 September 2009 - 06:12 PM.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
hello,
Can you post a screenshot of Device manager. Expand any yellow or red branches so we can see what you have or are missing.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
I'll give you $7.50 toward new sound card to settle this issue :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
:)