Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cool Web Search-About Blank [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

jasta

jasta

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I am fairly new to computers and have pop-ups and About Blank trying to take over Internet Explorer. When I do a scan with CWShredder, it shows no CWS. But when I scan with Ad-Aware, there are dozens of CWS entries. They reappear as fast as I delete them. Why does CWShredder show nothing, and what should I do? How do I send a log as an attachment?

Advertisements

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Don't attach the logs here.

Did you read the sticky topic (see below - Read here before....)? If not, do so now. When ready post the HijackThis log here.

jasta

jasta

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I hate to sound dumb, but how do I post the log as an attachment, instead of copy and paste?

Thanks

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
No dumb question :tazz:

No, please do not attach your logs. Not sure if you even can attach it, but again, do not attach it. We rather have you copy and paste it here instead since it saves us some time without the need to download and then open up your attachment. We can just look at it is as it is instead.

Just in case you didn't find the Malware Forum to post this in yet, it's here.

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with address of this thread. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.