Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No bootable device, insert boot disk and press any key

• Please log in to reply

AnnaMo

AnnaMo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
I also have Acer Aspire One, thought 772, and I also have just bought it (over Christmas)
Today I got this message – "Check cable connection pxe- m0f exiting intel pxe rom no bootable device insert boot disk and press any key"

I tried to follow your instructions above but I cant even get into Bios.

Also, this is a small notebook with no CD/DVD drive, and no copy of the operating system was provided ….

Any chance to solve it without giving it back for guaranty repair? (bit painful for me, I live in different country then the country of purchase)

Thanks

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
On different systems to enter the bios may be a different key then the one i posted. When you first turn your system on it should tell you usually to the left side of the screen or the bottom that will tell you how to enter the bios or it may be called the setup.
F2, F8, F10 or F12 are just some of the possible keys to enter the area mentioned before.

Iam Ohayses

Iam Ohayses

• Pip
  • 1 posts
im not even able to get to the bios screen....when i turn on my computer it gives me the acer screen but then goes to the "no bootable device" screen..i pressed delete with no luck

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
On the first screen it should tell you what key to click to get to the bios or setup screen as it is called sometimes. If it is getting to the no boot device screen then it has done passed everything.
It has to read the bios in order to see the boot device. That is when you can get into the bios to check everything.
Also you said in your first post this was a Sony Viao w- XP professional but now you say it says when i turn on my computer it gives me the acer screen
Two entirely different systems.

For Acer the following should work:

ACER BIOS

If your computer is unable to boot or you wish to restore the BIOS back to bootable settings and your computer uses an ACER BIOS, press and hold the F10 key as you turn on the computer. While continuing to hold the F10 key, you should hear two beeps indicating that the settings have been restored.

For Sony:

F1, F2, F8 or Ctrl + F8

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 30 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.

benngardiner

benngardiner

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I accidentally spilled water on my laptop. ( a Toshiba something) Whenever i turn it on it comes up with the usual toshiba screen that says F2 for Setup Utility and F12 for boot manager. After that it says "Realtek PCI Fast Ethernet Controller Series v1.15 (090244)
PXE-E61 : Media Test Failure, check cable
PXE-MOF : Exiting PXE ROM
No bootable devise -- insert boot disk and press any key

Please Help

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The PXE error indicates that the system is trying to boot to a network. Check your bios boot sequence and make sure the boot sequence is set for the following.
  • Cdrom
  • Hard drive

Make sure there is no network or PXE boot in the sequence at all.

benngardiner

benngardiner

• Pip
  • 2 posts
thank you i'll try that.

Aniket

Aniket

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello Geeks..
My Name is aniket, I am from India...
I have Acer Aspire 5742 laptop.....Today i just installed a utility called Soluto to reduce the boot and start up...
but soon after that when i restarted my laptop..anging the

one msg is appearing

PXE-E61
PXE-M0F

No Bootable devices found

I checked in BIOS as well but unfortunately even BIOS is not detecting my hard disk...i tried changing the Hardrive controller mode to IDE from AHCI..but the problem is stil there...

So guys If any one knows how to fix up thing.... I will be glad to have your Help...

Cheers
Aniket

Edited by rshaffer61, 23 July 2012 - 04:22 PM.
Removed Social media link

Legobot1

Legobot1

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I went to the setup and i went to the boot column and heres the boot priority order:

1. USB CDROM :
2. USB HDD :
3. IDE0 : WDC WD2500BEVT-22A23T0
4. IDE2 :
5. IDE1 :
6. USB FDD :
7. Network Boot : Optiarc DVD RW AD-7580S

I dont know how to delete the network or if to delete it and i dont even know if that is in the right order and tell me what to do afterwards,
please help me moderator(s).

Advertisements

Legobot1

Legobot1

• Pip
  • 4 posts
By the Way this is what my computer says

Intel UNDI, PXE-2.1 (build 082)
Copyright © 1997-2000 Intel Corporation

For Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller v1.0.0.5(01/22/09)

Check cable connection..!
PXE-E63: Error while initializing the NIC
PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.
No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key

Please help me, thanks!

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
It looks to me like your Western Digital hard drive is dead Legobot, but quite why the optical drive is listed as a Network boot is quite baffling when it should be listed next to IDE 1

Legobot1

Legobot1

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks Tech Staff but today hopefully i am going out to see/ fix the problem.
But please if anyone knows the answer to my problem help.
Thanks, Legobot1

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Wolf is right but you need to check the HD and make sure it is dead or not.

Run hard drive diagnostics: http://www.tacktech....ay.cfm?ttid=287
Make sure, you select tool, which is appropriate for the brand of your hard drive.
Depending on the program, it'll create bootable floppy, or bootable CD.
If downloaded file is of .iso type, use ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/ to burn .iso file to a CD (chose "Write image file to disc" option), and make the CD bootable.

NOTE. If your hard drive is made by Toshiba, try the Hitachi DFT CD Image version of the software

Thanks to Broni for the instructions

phyropony

phyropony

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Totally confused. I have the exact same problem. I've read this topic & another, both similar prob & close to same solution. I've attempted to the best of my ability to follow thru & when finally getting to BIO's, changing to make things go: CD, HDD, USB... I even found the boot disc made when I 1st got the pc. This is like the 3rd time since owning our Toshiba Satelite L655 this has happened.

Previously I was able to resend to Toshiba, 1st yr. but now it's 3 yr's, no back up plan. I even attempted to put HGT??? on a cd using my OLD HP, slow but pretty reliable $80 pc I got off Ebay earlier this yr :D I even gave the bottom right hand side below the number pad a lil thud, as suggested on another thread here on Geeks Go.

I use the Toshiba because it's obviously faster for posting Ebay auctions, researching items I find out & about, etc... While I've been looking for an excuse to upgrade now to the pad world, to eliminate some wasteful buys, fixing the Toshiba is not my 1st.

What worries me, is if this can't be fixed, I don't have a OS to download onto a new hd.
toshiba.jpg

TY

Attached Thumbnails

• toshiba 2.jpg
  • Toshiba 3.jpg