Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No bootable device, insert boot disk and press any key

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
phyropony

Please do not post inside another members topic, your computer issue/s may appear to be the same but be completely different + your request for assistance may be overlooked, staff and members will check a topic that has yet to receive a reply but they may not if it appears that assistance has already been offered, please start your own topic here and we will be happy to assist you.

Advertisements

chelsgreenwood

chelsgreenwood

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I own a Acer Aspire V5-131-2629 netbook and upon startup I get the message, "no bootable device - - please reboot system". I've tried holding down all the F keys, +function, and ESC. The only key that works is F2 and that screen has NO options under the BOOT menu. 

I have tried taking out the hard drive and placing it back. No luck
I have cleaned the inside of my netbook, and followed every suggestion on every forum on google. No luck!

My netbook is only 9 months old and should not be having these issues since it was never dropped and never got wet and was always properly shut down.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated since I am a grad student working many research positions with invaluable data on my netbook.