Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Complete restore

• Please log in to reply

Bkm564

Bkm564

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an Dell 8300 with XP. I would like to dump everything and get it back to the origional factory specs. Do you know how?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hello Bkm564.... Welcome to GeeksToGo, :) :) :)

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. We will try to help you resolve this as soon as possible.
Please understand we are all volunteers and we are not here all the time. Sometimes it may be a extended amount of time to get back to you. If it has been more then 3 days please shoot me a PM and I will try to get back to you quickly then.

The key combination is CRTL + F11 pushing the keys at the same time at the the dell screen during post. Once you push them then you want to release them. It should go into the recovery partition so you can do a system restore.

Let us know if this helps you.

Wander

Wander

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
Easiest way would be to reinstall everything with a Repair/OS CD that may or may not be supplied by your computer's manufacturer.

Edited by Randomlygeneratedusername, 07 September 2009 - 02:01 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Most laptop manufactured in the last few years do not have the recovery cd's anymore.
There is a recovery partition installed by the manufacturer on the HD.
Every manufacturer suggests that the first thing a owner should do is create the recovery disks before anything else when first running the system.
As stated by the OP in original post

I have an Dell 8300 with XP. I would like to dump everything and get it back to the origional factory specs. Do you know how?

This is the direction we are assisting with per the OP's request.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Before you do a Factory Restore, be sure to back up your important data. The restore will wipe the drive and all user data will become unrecoverable. Please be aware of this.