Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. For

• Please log in to reply

goodscout

goodscout

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all,

I have a couple of problems that maybe someone might could help me with. I have been working on this for the last three days........
I cannot open a video file from the school I attend, I get this message, Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. For additional assistance, click Web Help. It does not help to click web help. I called dell support a few hours ago, they said it was a software problem and I could pay to have them fix it. I chose not to.

I also am trying to download firefox, because I read I would not have the problem if I used it, but when I try to download it, It says I have a certificate problem, so I click to allow the certificate, but it still does not allow it. I added the certificate in the security area but it still does not allow it.

Another clue to the problem maybe, I had downloaded google earth 2 or 3 weeks ago and downloaded google chrome with it. I didn't realize what chrome was at the time. So I uninstalled both a couple of days ago, because I wasn't using it, then realized maybe I could access the video through it, so I just now tried to download google earth and it says I have a certificate problem, so I click to allow the certificate, but it still does not allow it to download.

Thanks,
David

Advertisements

goodscout

goodscout

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Sorry, forgot to put that I have windows 2007 office home and student, Vista, IE7

Thanks,
David