Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What is causing 15 minute WinXP boot problem?

• Please log in to reply

bullcell

bullcell

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I have been working this problem for weeks. Concerned about backdoor trojan and host redirects. Very long wait for programs to load in system tray (unable to access certain programs like Control Panel during this period). There is usually a 10-15 min (hang) before the last couple of startups load. At one time I could not use Avira or Kapersky online scanner. Recently, I downloaded the Avira unistall utilities and cleared registry keys. This enabled me to install Kapersky Internet Security. No trojans reported in the initial scan (although it has placed turtle beach riviera in the untrusted group from heuristic scanning). Oddly, after the successful Kapersky install, the system booted cleanly "one" time, but since then continues to hang. Running Windows "EventVwr.msc" shows me that the hang happened again this evening just following the attempt to run TBRivieraTray.exe (unsuccessful I presume because of Kapersky). I have attached a .txt file showing the timeline of events although it omits some detailed provide in the context menu - for example at 8:36:04pm an error in Service Control Manager "The Computer Browser depends on the Server service which failed to start because of the following error: After starting, the service hung in a start-pending state."

Per instructions for this forum I have attached the requested files and logs. Please reply with your recommendations.

Attached Files

Advertisements