Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Whats the right Video Card that is compatible with my computer for WOW

• Please log in to reply

tbarnette23

tbarnette23

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Im trying to update my Video card to play World of Warcraft on my new computer but im not sure what video card to get that would be compatible with this computer.
This is my computer: http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1218096181010
The Specs are attached.
Help? Im paying for WOW and i cant even play it right now... FML.

Attached Files

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

Available Expansion Slots2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16

Hi and welcome, your motherboard has onboard graphics that would be just pathetic at 3D gaming, as you have found. You need to add in a PCI-Express x16 card, however I cannot suggest a card until I know your budget for this upgrade and also the PSU specifications, specifically total wattage (W) and amps output (A) on the +12V rail(s). Unfortunately this information is not listed in the specifications and so you would have to open the case and have a look on the sticker of the PSU itself for this information.

Cheers

Troy