Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

100% CPU Usage

• Please log in to reply

jablong

jablong

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am using Windows XP on a Apple Macbook using Boot Camp.

My computer is always getting 100% CPU Usage. I have reformatted my computer once after I had this problem. However, this problem doesn't seems to go away. The problem doesn't appear straight away after I have reformatted my computer. It appears when I reinstalled some applications like MSN and Winamp. I assumed that the problem have got to do with applications that have auto pop up interfaces like MSN.

I did try going to Task Manager to kill the processes which have high percentages but it doesn't work. I also found out I had a process which is called "hkcmd.exe". My friend told me it's a virus therefore I deleted it but it doesn't help solve the problem too.

Restarting and shut down of the computer have also became a problem.

I thank you in advance for your help.

Advertisements