Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

just reformated now internet does'nt work

• Please log in to reply

joebob

joebob

• Pip
  • 5 posts
i just reformatted my PC after a couple of years and now i cant connect to internet. i cant even create a connection with the wizard. HELP!!!!

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
have you checked device manager and assured the device you connect with (modem or NIC card) is installed and working properly? The connection wizzard is pretty simple and should get you going. Can you view internet options in the contro panel?

joebob

joebob

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
yes i can view internet options and my card Intel pro 100m integrated pci nic card is not showing up in devide manager. also my ethernet controller isnt working if that has anything to do with it. and i cant find the drivers for them

Edited by joebob, 14 May 2005 - 02:06 PM.

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
The device not showing up indicates a problem. You said the nic is integrated into the motherboard. You need the driver for that. It should be on the cd that came with the motherboard, or you can go to the motherboard mfg web page and download it. If this is an off the shelf pc like Dell or Compaq or HP etc , go to the PC manufacturer web page and get the drivers.