Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

kaspersky internet security 2010 stops working everytime i boot and in

• Please log in to reply

blink10

blink10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
I tried to fix boot.ini but still it is being deleted

Advertisements

blink10

blink10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
HI Azarl,

windows crashed and started a series of reboots so i formatted the whole HDD.
I just need a little tip now when dealing with kaspersky, sometimes it stops the download on its own without any alert or report of anythreat although i set it to prompt me for action.

azarl

azarl

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 25,310 posts
Hi blink10

Step 2
Multiple anti-viruses running
You have both Eset and Kaspersky installed on your PC. This will cause conflicts and poor performance. Please select just one to keep and uninstall the other using the Add/Remove programs section of the the Control Panel

Did you uninstall Eset? Multiple Anti-viruses do not work together well.

azarl

azarl

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 25,310 posts
Have you reformatted and done a clean install, or a repair install over the top? Is this the full version of Kaspersky or the demo? What do you mean by "sometimes it stops it's download on it's own"?

blink10

blink10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
it is a clean install. kaspers is demo, what i mean is , I click the download button in any site and and IDM never receives the data.

This problem only happens with kasper as my antivirus and when i temporarily disable it, the download works OK

blink10

blink10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Hi Azarl

One more thing, kasper even sometimes stops youtube from playing files till the file is completely buffered / loaded (when the tracking bar is full). I know there is nothing wrong with these files because on other occasions it plays them normally.

I dont know why it does that, is there an option that could stop it from doing that?!

azarl

azarl

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 25,310 posts
Hi blink10

I'm pretty sure that this is not a virus or malware problem. Look at this Kaspersky Technical Article. Make sure you set "Do not scan network traffic" for IDM.

blink10

blink10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Thanks a lot Azarl, you have been a great help and your advice is valuable.

azarl

azarl

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 25,310 posts
Did it sort out OK?