Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Internet Disconnecting Help

• Please log in to reply

ksnoke

ksnoke

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey everyone,

I recently just moved in to a house with 3 other roomates. We have a wireless network set up in the room next to mine. All 3 of my roomates play the game World of Warcraft in that room. One of them is wired directly into the router, the other two connect wirelessly. When only one is in there playing, I can connect and get full signal (all green), I may get disconnected every couple hours. When two of them are playing, I can connect with full signal, but get disconnected every 20 - 30 minutes. When all three of them are in there, forget about it. I can connect (still with full signal) but get disconnected within the minute. Is there anything I can do to remedy this situation? My first thought is to run a long ethernet cable (50 footer), but if there is anything I can do other than that please let me know. I don't see how its fair for us to split the internet bill but them to obviously get so much more out of it. I'm running Windows XP and the router is a Netgear. I have a pretty decent working knowledge of wireless networking.

Thanks again for any ideas.

Advertisements

kevingcat

kevingcat

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Ur Roomies are stealing your Bandwidth with World of warcraft... The Wireless network wont take it XD had the same problem bout a year ago.