Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Cannot connect to wireless internet connections

• Please log in to reply

fierica

fierica

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello.

About three months ago I purchased an Acer One netbook. It had no problem finding wireless networks and connecting to the internet. Just yesterday, out of the blue, I could not log on to the internet. My lan was on and it did say connected (to wireless) but when I opened fire fox, explorer, and itunes, it was unable to connect. I got the typical error sign on the browsing windows.

After repeated restarts and shutdowns, and disablong my lan, I tried to repair it in network connections, but no go. I think this problem goes a little beyond my knowledge of computers. Also I was thinking of taking it to Best Bye Geek Squad but it would cost me $80. I really would like to solve this myself and not spend any money.

Thanks

Advertisements

kevingcat

kevingcat

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Do you have any other computers/laptops that are sucsessfully able to acess the internet? It could just be your laptops Wireless internet card