Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Red Letters On Desktop-mine seems to be different than others

• Please log in to reply

qinbaker

qinbaker

• Pip
  • 2 posts
First, thank you for reading my post. Second, my replies may be slightly delayed because it is hard for me to find a computer through which I can communicate at most times of the day.

My computer has a virus or possibly a worm. It locks up the desktop with a message that says

DANGER!!!

Your computer is INFECTED!

There is much more but it's just a bunch of hogwash about protecting yourself by deleting spyware. Before my computer locked up there was a pop-up about Windows Police Pro. I always losed it out but it kept on popping up. My virus scan read 4 threats and it could delete all but one and it couln't even move that one. I cannot open any applications or programs including Task manager and Internet Explorer. Every time I do a command prompt style window pops up and says "Program is too big too fit in memory." I can browse files for the most part, but when i try and open up windows that modify settings I run into the same problem. Also, I cannot open Word by clicking on the icon, but by opening up a word file I gain full access to Microsoft Word and the Printer Settings that it controls. By the way, I am sure you know this but I am not contacting you via the infected computer.

Advertisements

qinbaker

qinbaker

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Don't bother with my post as soon as I was done posting it I found a post almost exactly like mine. If I need your help I know where to go! :)