Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Never mind.

• Please log in to reply

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
So I was working on an Excel document a few minutes ago, and I tried to type the word "white". Unluckily, my fingers must have hit one or more of the Ctrl/Alt/Shift keys, since the entire document appeared to just close. I tried to open the document again, but Excel told me that the document was already open and that opening it again would overwrite any changes :) Of course, I said no. I then exited Excel, saying "Yes" when it prompted me to save changes, and then tried to open the document again. Nothing appears. It's like when you make a new document and then press the small grey X in the top right not to exit out of Excel, but to exit out of that document. None of the toolbars have any viable options I could try. All other Excel documents open perfectly fine, and I can make a new document with no problems at all. It seems to me that the old file exists and is still valid, but just won't display the spreadsheet. :)

Is there a way that I can get the document back? I'll be the first to admit that I was an idiot since I didn't save it every other line! :)

PS - I'm using Excel 2003.

Okay, I figured it out. Somehow, I managed to hide the document. Window > Unhide did the trick :)

Handy to note that for future reference -_-

Edited by Chopin, 08 September 2009 - 08:55 PM.

Advertisements