Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

windows Xp

• Please log in to reply

DAKTARI

DAKTARI

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I was recovering my laptop and after running the recovery programme unfortunately I removed the disc and run the boot up procedure an error message came up that shut down was not done properly please restart using the following options .;safe mode,safe mode with prompt ...etc whatever option I use the monitor flickers and ends up at the same options page.
I am in need of some help as I can not open the disc slot to use the recovery disc.

Advertisements

mkau

mkau

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
Do you have the recovery console installed on your PC?
If so, try doing it from there.

DAKTARI

DAKTARI

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
How do I get to the console???

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Download Windows Recovery Console HERE
Download, and install free Imgburn
Using Imgburn, burn rc.iso to a CD.
Boot to the CD...let it finish loading.
When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.
Then, follow the steps from Repair Windows XP,:
Starting below this picture on page 1: