Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue screen of death? XP, STOP 0x000000D1

• Please log in to reply

annals

annals

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Dear Geekstogo,

Before I chuck my pc out of the window, what can I do to sort this problem out?

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. if this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.
If this is a new installation, , ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. if you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:
*** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0xE1DF3000, 0x00000002, 0x000000000, 0xAAE8D0A5)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

I am not very techy, but after googling the error and stop codes, I have tried the following:
- Attempted to restart.

Sometimes it just reboots itself when I power it on. Other times it just goes straight to the above screen after the windows logo comes one

- Pressed F8 to launch advanced options

Going to previously correct configuration does not solve this
Selecting safe mood brings me back to the above blue screen

My PC
- Intel Celeron ® CPU 2.8GHz
- 256 MB RAM
- 80 GB hard drive
- Windows XP Service pack 2

Can this be fixed by me if so what procedure specific to my problem should I follow?

Thanks in advance

(PS I would really like to get this fixed, either by me or at a shop if it is not a costly affair.
The alternative would be retrieving/transferring the data on my hard disk onto an external storage device)

Edited by annals, 09 September 2009 - 04:54 AM.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Try repair: http://www.geekstogo...ws-XP-t138.html