Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Not receiving vast majority of Orange Email

• Please log in to reply

davva9

davva9

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello

I have an Orange email account which has been working fine for years. I’m using Microsoft Outlook
2007 on Windows XP. The problem I have is that 99% of email addressed to me(or my wife) is not
being sent from our Orange Webmail server(which I can log onto via the Internet to check) to our
Microsoft Outlook Inbox. However, I can get round this by logging onto the Orange Webmail and
forwarding the mails in the inbox to either email address which then seems to fire them off and I
receive in Microsoft Outlook. Emails being sent from my M/soft Outlook are being received
remotely, just not receiving those sent to me.

The odd external email does seem to slip through occasionally e.g Ebay message. I can send an email
from my email account to my wife’s and vice versa.

I’ve done the following checks:

1) Disabled Firewall/Antivirus briefly to see if this cleared the problem
2) Deleted email account and re-created new one
3) Checked for any stuck emails
4) Checked max inbox messages and storage not exceeded

N.B. The error message below that’s received when I select the “Test Email Account” option may be
a red herring as I’ve never tried before and other sites I’ve searched have suggested it could be
false:

“Send test e-mail message: An unknown error occurred, error code: 0x800ccc69”

Any assistance you guys could give me would be much appreciated

Thanks
Davva9

Advertisements

jksdelver

jksdelver

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • I must admit I do get that sometimes in my Orange account I dont get any sent to member@ ....... onto my Outlook. Have you got any filters to get rid of any of the spam ( I know we get thousands if you are like me) on web mail? If so then delete them and see what happens.
  • Also regarding sending e-mails try changing your SMTP settings to 193.252.22.138 (nothing else in that box)
    Kevin

jksdelver

jksdelver

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Also try changing the other settings to orangehome.co.uk I think Orange have been messing about