Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

monitor color settings

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK try it this way.
Look at the back of the computer.
Is the connection for the monitor next to the Keyboard and mouse connections or is it in one of the slots with the metal cover on it?

Advertisements

kygirl1066

kygirl1066

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Oy vey, I'll have to move this heavy honkin' computer desk to be positive, but I'm almost certain it's next to the mouse and keyboard connections.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
That would mean it is a onboard graphics card.
In non tech wording it is built on the Motherboard
Here is the newest driver for your video card.

First, uninstall the NVIDIA drivers (if they are still installed) using Add or Remove Programs. You can get to Add or Remove Programs by clicking on the Start Button, then clicking on Control Panel. Then click Add or Remove Programs. Once in Add or Remove Programs, you need to find NVIDIA Drivers and click Change/Remove. (If you have an NVIDIA chipset, make sure the NVIDIA Display Driver checkbox is checked, then click Remove. Otherwise, just click Yes.)

Next, please download and install Driver Sweeper from here. (Click on the Download (Europe) link, then scroll down and click on I Agree.)

Then, boot the computer into safe mode. To do this,
  • Turn the computer on (or restart the computer if it is already on).
  • Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Boot Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.
  • Ensure that the Safe mode option is selected.
  • Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in safe mode.
Next, open the program, Guru3D Driver Sweeper, that you just installed. Check the checkbox for cleaning NVIDIA - Display drivers. Then press the Clean button.

Reboot normally (not into safe mode), and then, install the drivers I had you download at first.

Reboot when prompted, and let us know if you still receive the error message.