Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dead battery on Laptop - lost Inbox

• Please log in to reply

Phil Chave

Phil Chave

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I wonder if anyone can help with this.
Packard Bell Laptop. XP Home. IE6.
My battery life has been getting shorter and shorter, not even reaching the notification percentages, and instead of warning me to switch on the power, just switches off without shutting down. I normally use the mains, this only ever happens if I forget to switch on.

Yesterday, I was getting in my emails when the computer just died. I switched on the mains and rebooted, but my Inbox was empty and a message from Microsoft was there saying welcome to IE6. Just as when first installed.

All the subfolders and their emails were intact. I carefully went through each one, including the deleted items in search of the missing emails, in case they'd been moved. Nope! Then checked Hide Read Messages, which says Show All.
Then I used 'OEViewer' software to check the Identities folder where the emails are stored, in case they were there and unreadable. Nope!

I know they're lost, but does anybody have any idea if they are recoverable?
I'm surely not the first in this queue, but god is it annoying.
Thanks for your help.
Phil

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
I was able to restore some lost emails in outlook using a program I found in a google search some time ago. I don't remember what it was though. Do a google search and see what you come up with.