Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

.lnk files

• Please log in to reply

mattdarey

mattdarey

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
About a month ago I was playing on fruity loops and noticed an uninstall icon on my desktop. Out of curiosity I opened it and uninstalled something but could not figure out what it uninstalled. Restarted my computer then got a pop-up saying "Wireless Notification dll has not been registered program will not work properly" and ever since every single shortcut and files have been turned to .lnk format. The only thing it is letting me open is firefox and outlook express. I can't even open an anti-virus program or hijack this or anything so I will not be able to provide a log of any type. If anyone has any details on this please let me know it would be VERY much appreciated.

Advertisements