Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2 routers

• Please log in to reply

IshmaelVignsten

IshmaelVignsten

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
i have 2 routers. the first (D-link)has 4 ports all full + and adsl in port but it's not wireless. 2 computers must stay connected to this router for business reasons.

We got a wireless router(netgear), so i unplugged one computer(the laptop) from router 1 and plugged it into the wireless router.

Then plugged the wireless router into router 1 via the wan port and have the wireless and internet working but the computer that is plugged into router 2 cant connect to any other computers on the network.

They all have the same workgroup. Computer 1 has a static ip of 10.1.1.2 and the other computers have 10.1.1.x but the one plugged into the wireless router has 192.168.x.x

how can i get the network to work any help would be appriciated

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Should be able to log into the router and change the network IP range from 192.x.x.x to 10.x.x.x.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you will also want to check the settings of the second router and see if there is an option to turn the router to AP mode (access point mode...sometimes it's listed as bridge mode)....that way it basically will become a wireless switch instead of a router....having two routers will cause you some headaches as far as trying to get local networking going...usually the internet will connect fine...but local networking doesn't play well with daisied routers