Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Lenovo T60 dead laptop?

• Please log in to reply

JoKeR

JoKeR

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
:)
Greetings to you all!
So here's the skinny:
I've got a lenovo T60 which powers on to a 'dead' state, the hard drive tries to run, the fan kicks in (both for about 3 seconds just after pressing the power button). Then, only the power supply, battery and the outlet power LEDs are lit. At first I was thinking it was a GPU failure, but I am starting to think that it is something else since the machine doesn't seem to boot up fully at all. Any ideas or pointers in the right direction?

Thank you in advance,

Yours truly

JoKeR

Edited by JoKeR, 10 September 2009 - 09:48 PM.

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
try first removing the battery, then turn it on without the battery connected directly to the mains expecting it to fail again, then turn it off, replace the battery and hopefully it's charging again from the mains again which will charge the battery, I feel it's the computer confusing its power source, nothing lost if I am wrong though

JoKeR

JoKeR

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
That was the first thing I have tried actually, I was hoping it would be just a battery issue, but alas it is not :)