Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Network Connection Showing Tremendous Lag - 1000+ms ping rate

• Please log in to reply

Mr.E

Mr.E

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
Hi,

I am recently having trouble with my wireless network. I have started noticing great amounts of lag while i am online. I have a netopia 2210-02 dsl modem connected to a dlink dir655 router(bellsouth isp). if I do a ping to the router (192.168.0.1) i see times of 1000+ms consistently while i have a webpage loading. Once the page stops loading ping goes back to 3ms average. Sometimes while i am playing around it will run fine and other times it will start connecting to site extremely slowly. the slow connections seem to be almost random too. this is something that is just recent (past couple of weeks tops). has anyone else had trouble like this?

I hope some of that makes since..

thanks for any and all replies!

Edited by Death's Requiem Sonata, 10 September 2009 - 09:54 PM.

Advertisements

Mr.E

Mr.E

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
ok all is better now..

What the problem was is that it was set to auto 20/40 mode. Once i changed back to just 20 it started working wonderfully. Now to change the password on it so brother doesn't go playing around again...