Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Possible Faulty Monitor/GPU?

• Please log in to reply

Downloaded

Downloaded

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys,

I recently bought myself a gaming rig with an Intel 3.0GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB of RAM, an ATI Radeon HD 4870 512mb and a 22" Widescreen HD monitor. I put it all together myself and everything was going just great... Until a few days ago when I noticed that my monitor would occasionally have fits where it would flash sporadically, changing the color pallet of the image on my screen seemingly according to the colors that were on screen at the time (i.e. when I'm using Google Chrome viewing a white page the monitor will flash causing a white website background to look blue because the task bar and Chrome menu bars are both blue)... At least that's the correlation I've found, I'm not 100% sure this is true. After a few minutes of spazzing, the image will stabilize, showing the proper colors of all the items on screen.

I don't think it's the monitor because during one of the sporadic flashing sessions, I pressed the menu button on the monitor to bring up the little menu overlay and its colors didn't change, only the background colors were affected, which makes me think that my problem may be due to an overheating GPU or a loose cable, but my fans don't seem to be going crazy and I think all the cables are put in right...

Ideas?

Advertisements