Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer Crashing repeatedly

• Please log in to reply

Whattodo?

Whattodo?

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
hello,
I was cleaning up by USB drive by deleting some of the folders it contained when my computer started crashing repeatedly. It hasn't stopped crashing ever since. while I was deleting the folders, my firewall detected a program titled 17.tmp trying to access the internet. Obviously, I denied it and I got the hint that somehow this might be connected to the backdoor trojan I had a couple of weeks ago. I tried to use the safe mode or system restore but it wouldn't let me do anything. When I finally managed to log on successfully after many trials,I received an error stating that my firewall failed to load followed by another error regarding the svchost.exe , saying that the application failed to initiate properly (0x0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application. Just before crashing I get the blue Stop screen saying the computer encountered a fatal error and needs to shutdown. Sometimes it says dumping physical memory, both the errors are those I have no idea how to fix.

Edited by Whattodo?, 11 September 2009 - 04:28 PM.

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Hello,

Your profile indicates you've gone through Spyware removal help before. I think you already know what you have to do as everything you describe points to spyware. Please post again in the Malware forum, but be sure to run through everything HERE before posting.

Whattodo?

Whattodo?

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Sorry, mea culpa...

will post in the correct forum.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts