Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

HTPC case

• Please log in to reply

keigan

keigan

• Pip
  • 8 posts
i'm currently shopping around for a case for a home theatre pc build. if anyone has any suggestions/recommendations, please share!

as for features, i'm not too picky yet. it should hold at least 2hds, atx/uatx doesn't matter, however...style is a factor.

my first question is,

Posted Image

...why does it have a "limit" of 4.5tb listed? i mean, we can get 2tb drives pretty cheap. what if i wanted to put 12tb worth of hds in that case?

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Hello,

Sorry, I really don't have recommendations for a device like this, but...

...why does it have a "limit" of 4.5tb listed? i mean, we can get 2tb drives pretty cheap. what if i wanted to put 12tb worth of hds in that case?

I would think these questions are better suited to be answered by the manufactures of this device. Try emailing them.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
I would think that as long as it supports six drives, you can put 12TB in using 2TB drives, but as makai mentioned it might be best to ask their support why that wording was put there...

As for a recommendation, I have to admit I like some of the Thermaltake options as they come with a front mounted screen. Check this one out: http://www.thermalta...1BNS/DH102.aspx

Cheers