Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Excess Files and Errors >.<;

• Please log in to reply

Athreyu

Athreyu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Lol ok, should I take out the 256k stick it's not reading or whatever?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
First of all I would like to check the memory

Let's check your memory and make sure there is no issue with it. Download memtest86 from the link in my signature below.

Get the file that is named Download - The one you want is "Download - Pre-compiled Bootable ISO (.zip). When it downloads, it will be labeled memtest86+2.11.iso.zip
Unzip the file once you download it. You should have a .iso file in the unzipped directory. It will look like a zip file in some cases but the file name will now be memtest86+2.11.iso

if you don't have a burning program that will burn .ISO files get burncdcc in my signature below.

NOTE...do not put a blank cd in until burncdcc opens the tray for you
1. Start BurnCDCC
2. Browse to the ISO file you want to burn on cd/dvd ....in this case its memtest86.iso
3. Select the ISO file
4. click on Start
Make sure the bios is set for the cd drive as the first boot device
Put the cd in the cd drive and then boot your computer.

Running the Diagnostic Program:

The basic diagnostic screen has five main sections of relevant information. Three at the top which are labeled, PASS %, TEST %, and TEST #. This will basically show you the total progress of the current test, the overall progress of the diagnostic test, and the test number is currently performing.

On the middle left hand side of the of the program interface there is a “Wall Time” section that will keep track of how long the diagnostic test has been running for. This just gives you an idea if you are not attending the testing process.

The main section to look for is the lower half of the screen which is usually blank. As long as the memory testing is going ok with no errors this section of the screen should remain blank. If the diagnostic program finds any serious faults in the memory you will see it display a memory dump of address’s in this section. This is similar to what is displayed on your screen when you encounter a blue screen of death.

You now have most everything you need to know about setting up and testing your memory with diagnostic programs. This guide should help you get to the source of any intermittent problems related to your memory.

Run memtest for at least 2 hours:
If it starts showing any errors during that time then you will have to replace the memory
If there are no errors after 2 hours press Esc and that will end the tests
We will then try other options

Athreyu

Athreyu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Auslogics is still defragging then I'll do that but in the mean time I was wonderingif this may be part of the problem... I didn't understand when I put the memory in maybe you can help me make sense of it lol.

untitled.jpg

It's a little crude, sorry lol. :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yep mismatched memory and yes it could be part of the problem.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts
Your board uses either DDR or SDR memory. According to the manual you can use 1 or the other, but not both.

For the above settings, you can only use one kind of memory on
this motherboard. It is forbidden to insert both kind of memory
simultaneously. You must insert only DDR or SDRAM.

When you use DDR SDRAM, the memory power will
automatically set to 2.5V.
When you use SDRAM, the memory power will automatically set
to 3.3V.

Your Manual.
Page 4 talks about the memory.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Good job 123Runner for the research. :) :)
Verification that the memory indeed is mismatched and will not work together.
Athreyu I suggest getting a matching module for the 512 and that will get you up to 1 gig. this will allow the system to boot faster and allow programs to open and close faster.
Have you tried the system with just the 512 megs in it to see if the errors stop?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
keep the pc 3200 ram remove the other...
your cpu is way to hot...if the fan is working and the system is clean especially the heatsink fins...then you will have to remove the heatsink and replace the thermal paste...

if you do... give the heatsink fins a GOOD cleaning...how to
here and
here
you can do the same for your video card...how to
here