Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

unusable, restarting looped

• Please log in to reply

Is this my name?

Is this my name?

• Pip
  • 1 posts
when i turn on my other computer it starts up normally until it gets to the point where its supposed to let me log on to a desktop. instead it says "Installing Service Pack: Stage 3 of 3- 0% Complete" it does that for a while then it says "shutting down". it then shuts down then starts back up again by itself and will just keep on doing this until i either unplug it or hold down the power button.
it has windows vista, and Ive been having a lot of problems with it before but now its completely useless and Ive tried everything i can to make it start properly.
Is there anyway to fix this? or should I just smash it to pieces like Ive been tempted to do many times?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Does this happen if you try to boot into Safe Mode?