Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wordpress Content

• Please log in to reply

sithpigeon

sithpigeon

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
Hello everyone,

I host my website using JustHost.com and have installed a wordpress blog to my site recently. I'd like to have more blogs including a blog about affiliate marketing but I read somewhere that wordpress doesn't allow this. Am I simply confused or am I not allowed to use wordpress for this particular topic and if so how can they shut down my blog if I do? Or is this just for the blogs they host?

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Sounds like your confusing the different Wordpress websites.

Wordpress.com will host a blog for you, and there are restrictions:

And here are some examples of blogs that are banned from WordPress.com (all of these fall under the general heading of “spam blogs”, or splogs, and will be deleted as soon as we find them or they get reported):

* Scraper blogs: Blogs that take content from other blogs and re-publish it without permission (this is sometimes called scraping). If a blog contains all or mostly stolen and unoriginal content, it’s gone!
* SEO blogs: Blogs that are written for search engines instead of humans. These blogs are dedicated to trying to fool Google and other search engines into ranking them or the sites they link to highly. WordPress.com is not meant for this type of activity.
* Affiliate marketing blogs: Blogs with the primary purpose of driving traffic to affiliate programs and get-rich-quick schemes (”Make six figures from home!!”, “20 easy steps to top profits!!”, etc). This includes multi-level marketing (MLM) blogs and pyramid schemes. To be clear, people writing their own original book, movie or game reviews and linking them to Amazon, or people linking to their own products on Etsy do NOT fall into this category.
* Warez blogs: Blogs that promote pirated copies of ebooks, software packages, music, movies, games, etc.
* Automated blogs: Blogs that are generated by computers, including randomly generated blogs, blogs that re-publish press releases, marketing material, search engine results, link dumps or any other mass-produced content.

However, if you download the script from Wordpress.org, and host it yourself (or through a webhost), you should be able to use it for about any thing you want.