Free help from tech experts
Welcome to Geeks to Go forums. Create an account now to gain access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. Best of all, registration and all assistance is 100% free! This message, and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.
Sign In Create Account

how do i make a game like runescape, dragonfable, or pokemon

• Please log in to reply

mms1911

mms1911

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i am really wanting to know how to make a game like Pokemon dragon fable or rune scape. i am trying to make a game to put online completely free to people to play, im gona make it where they can donate to me if they want. so if you will please tell me how to make a game like runescape.....

Similar Topics: how do i make a game like runescape, dragonfable, or pokemon     x

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
1) Learn a programming language, everything about it and then some more.
2) Learn everything about Windows and how Windows works, which is significantly more complicated than "go into Control Panel and click this".
3) Learn many other programming languages since they are not all suitable for all jobs, some are better than others.
4) Write code, test, debug, test more, debug again, test some more and then test again. Do all the other add-ons for your game. Debug and test all of this.
5) Total time to do all of this: A few thousand hours and then some more most likely.

Freeking Gamekid

Freeking Gamekid

• Pip
  • 2 posts
he's right. just search in google for some tutorials, than you will see that it's impossible. if i may give you some advice, download game maker Here. it's an easy program and you learn the basics of it. i use that program now 2-3 years and the best thing i can make is a little mario game. think about it.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts

he's right. just search in google for some tutorials, than you will see that it's impossible

No, it is not "impossible". It's just not something one can do in twenty minutes on Saturday afternoon.

The thing with Game Maker in the other post is that it tends to guide users in the direction of certain types of games, typically in that scenario Mario or platform type games. Do your own programming and you do whatever you want. Find a few thousand spare hours as I said above and you can do anything.

Wander

Wander

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
The fun is learning and making I say.
Make it interesting for yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured