Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

3 bsod error codes

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
We will wait for your results.

Advertisements

brandonhinsz

brandonhinsz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
havent had a chance to get to the malware forum yet but wanted to let you know that so far all is smooth.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
thanks for letting us know... :)
rshaffer61 is having some internet problems but I will monitor this thread until he gets it sorted out...

brandonhinsz

brandonhinsz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Right on - i wanted to let you know that I did go through the malware tutorial and have posted to see if i can get a clean bill of health. My computer did its thing again - 3 errors at the same time, then keeps poping up with "windows has recovered from a serious error " tabs.

it hasent done this in a few days, and the tutorial things that i installed dident remove anything. I have a feeling its hardware or software related. will keep you updated. Thanks again - Brian

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
its sounding like the hard drive itself...try running chkdsk /r again...see if it fixes any errors...if it does run it again...do this until it does not fix any errors
look in the device manager for any yellow! or ? marks

brandonhinsz

brandonhinsz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
no yellow marks, and the computer has not done this for a few days now after re-reunning chkdsk /r. I did loose my sound though one night.

I have posted in the malware forum 6 days ago and also posted the waiting room but have not gotten a response. Dont know what the deal is there. I reposted even though i know im not supposed to. it is titled "dont know if I am infected or not - 2 "

Thanks again for everything you do.

Brian

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
if running chkdsk /r fixed your problem then you may be good to go...BUT...
if you have to keep doing this on a regular basis the hard drive is on its way out...so be diligent with your backups...