Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Change Colors On Little Girls Web Site

• Please log in to reply

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Hello:

I have a family site for my little girl, Jasmine, who was born last October. I am very interested in changing the colors of the site. For now, the background is a shade of beige and the text is blue. Someone told me (no joke) that the beige made the site look like it was printed on old parchment paper. Ha. I'm wodering if you all can assist me in choosing two new colors, one for the background and one for the main text, that will be both suitable for a little girls web site and soothing to the eyes.

I'm really interested in changing those colors soon, but you can make comments about any portion of my site. I'm a newbie and realize I have a lot to learn.

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

http://www.babybonline.net

Advertisements

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
i actually think the color is fine :tazz:

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Hi :

Just browsed your site. Like the little Robots at the top that raise their arm on a mouseover. The colors between the text and background really don't have that much contrast to me, but my eyes are getting old (63) so I may not be seeing what others see. The overall color isn't all that bad, but you might check out the below site for additional information.

One suggestion : I would take the 939.28 Kb JPEG image you have and trim it. Even on broadband it took a second or two. Dial-up viewers will probably ckick and go elsewhere instead of waiting for pix to load.

When your daughter is old enough, she can use this site too. :tazz:
LissaExplains.com

Ron

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Thanks for the information thus far. Major, I have skimmed over the web site you recommended for me. It looks like it will be right up my alley. I'll explore that sight in the near future. I'm going to take your advice and drop the file size on the photo shown on the intro page too.

The little robots are part of the "Kids" theme included with FP XP. I'm not real sure about making my own just yet. That will come in time. I'm very interesting in learning.

Thank you all for your help. :tazz:

Spike3

Spike3

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Hi,

Like the iste, it's fine as it is. One question I will ask, a little embarrassed of course (as I should know all this!) :tazz:

How did you create the fade effect into the next page?

This is just a test site only....! i hasten to add, but I want to fade into the next screen as to make it look like the lcd screen is not just reloading, so therefore I want to fade in to it!!!

Let me know fella!

Cheers

Spike

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Spike,

I'm using FP XP. On the toolbar, click "Format" and then "Page Transitions". A popup window will appear. You will make all transition settings from within that window.

Thanks for the information about my own page. I've recently added a survey. I hope you all will continue to drop by and note any changes I should make.

Spike3

Spike3

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Thanks for the help,

Just for your information, the way to make those little robots is obviously to draw them or render them yourself.

I use dreamweaver, and am not sure if it's the same, but basically you lay the first graphis on and use the second as a rollover button, so therefore when yourr mouse rolls over it, the graphic will change into the one in the background!

Dead easy, just look for the option and make sure your graphics are up to scratch, any questions just ask!