Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keyboard is not working right

• Please log in to reply

kevin2584

kevin2584

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Whenever I type long e-mails or paragraphs and proof my letter, I have missed many letters and have to go back and fix everything and put the lettes in. The faster I type the worste it is and the longer the computer is on the worst it gets. I did not spill anything n the keyboard and have canned air that did not work when I tried to clean it.
What can I do?

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Unfortunately, you told us nothing of your computer. Is this a notebook or PC? What brand and model? XP, Vista, MacOS? When did it start? Have you scanned for malware? Is the cable securely fastened? Did you try another keyboard?

kevin2584

kevin2584

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Its a Dell Inspiron 1300 lap-top with Windows XP. Yes I did scan for malware and it is free of any Virus's. This has been going on for a few months and I have tried everything I heard about and did clean it with canned air. Not sure about the drivers.

Edited by kevin2584, 13 September 2009 - 08:32 AM.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
I would try an external keyboard and see what happens.

kevin2584

kevin2584

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Is their any way I can check this one first before buying another keyboard

Edited by kevin2584, 13 September 2009 - 08:45 AM.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
I was thinking of finding one you can borrow and try out. It would only take a few minutes. If the external keyboard works, you know the problem is with your keyboard.

kevin2584

kevin2584

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I will get one from my friend. Might take a couple days because of work, but will be back with results as soon as I check.
Thanks