Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Malware.Packer found with CFXNeo.DLL

• Please log in to reply

OpalComp

OpalComp

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I ran Malware Anti-Malwarebytes (updated this morning), maybe the first time I did so, on my Web server, a Windows VPS. It found two items of type "Malware.Packer", in Memory Module and File, associated with a ColdFusion 8 file "CFXNeo.dll". The date on the file is Jan 7, 2004.

So far I have not found a report of a false positive out there, yet I also wonder whether there are any ColdFusion viruses/trojans. I am attaching a screen capture.

I have not cleaned the "problem" yet. By the way, Adobe has an update for the CFXNeo.dll file to make it double-byte compliant. I probably don't need that since their hot fix applies primarily to C++ custom tags that can be written for ColdFusion and which need special handling for Unicode usage, which I am not doing, but perhaps I should download the new DLL anyway to ensure no virus, and then re-scan?

I also run ColdFusion 8 on my own office server, and the file size and day-of-year are exactly the same, but the time stamp on my computer is one hour earlier; I don't know whether time stamps, dates, and sizes reliably mean anything at all when it comes to virus infections.

Will run a full Malware scan on my office server and see if the same problem shows up.

How to know if this is a false positive or not...

Attached Thumbnails

• malware_2009_914.jpg

Advertisements