Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer, Media Player 10, Search

• Please log in to reply

sirquacksalot

sirquacksalot

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello. Over the past few days, I've been fighting with virus' and spyware, and removed many of the offending programs (to my knowledge, all of them), and updated windows through Windows Updates.

Now, however, IE does not seem to like scripted things (Example: Hotmail page. Loads fine, none of the links that I click on work though.)

Also, when I goto Start>Search, the little animated dog comes up (annoying, but hardly the main problem), but no fields load to input data to search for.

As well, Media Player 10 now states on loading (and then crashes) that 'an internal application error has occured'

What could be causing this, and how do I solve the problem? I've tried re-installing MP10, but it does nothing, and also the 'repairing IE6' post didn't help, partially since I can't search.

Advertisements

sirquacksalot

sirquacksalot

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks for the help, but I've found a fix for it. It was a problem with removing the malware which lead to removal of some of Windows Scripting files or settings. I reinstalled the settings using a link provided from another post on this forum, and voila, the problem was solved.

Andy_P

Andy_P

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Can you say more, please.
What settings to reinstall?
What link or post?
Been struggling with crashing MP10 ever since some malware removal