Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mac Troubles...

• Please log in to reply

The Matt

The Matt

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
Hello,

I just realized that I haven't been on this site in several months but I recently obtained an iMac from one of my customers that have been giving quite some issues...

A couple of days ago, A lady brought it to me and said that it keeps locking up... Sure enough that it is...

I tried going to Safari to google (I apparently didn't search the right terms because I came up with nothing), but the second I clicked Safari, it locked up, and didnt come back to life until ten minutes later.

Same went for Firefox..

See, I'm a linux guy... Ubuntu and Fedora... So Mac's obviously aren't my thing..

I do know that they are based off of linux.. which kinda gets me further, but OS X is what I hate. Lol.

So anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

Because, as cool as this mac is... It's not my thing. Lol.

The only plus side to this is that it is a learning experience.

-Matt

Edited by The Matt, 14 September 2009 - 01:16 PM.

Advertisements