the full stop code:
*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x80544683, 0xBA4D7BBC, 0xBA4D78B8)
what does this mean?
Jump to content
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.Create Account How it Works
Did it happen once?
Edited by demoman, 14 September 2009 - 11:16 PM.
A. If you have more than one RAM module installed, try starting computer with one RAM stick at a time.
NOTE Keep in mind, the manual check listed above is always superior to the software check, listed below. DO NOT proceed with memtest, if you can go with option A
B. If you have only one RAM stick installed...
1. Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)
2. Unzip downloaded memtest86+-2.11.iso.zip file.
3. Inside, you'll find memtest86+-2.11.iso file.
4. Download, and install ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/
5. Insert blank CD into your CD drive.
6. Open ImgBurn, and click on Write image file to disc
7. Click on Browse for a file... icon:
8. Locate memtest86+-2.11.iso file, and click Open button.
9. Click on ImgBurn green arrow to start burning bootable memtest86 CD:
10. Once the CD is created, boot from it, and memtest will automatically start to run.
The running program will look something like this depending on the size and number of ram modules installed:
It's recommended to run 5-6 passes. Each pass contains very same 8 tests.
This will show the progress of the test. It can take a while. Be patient, or leave it running overnight.
The following image is the test results area:
The most important item here is the “errors” line. If you see ANY errors, even one, most likely, you have bad RAM.
i tested every ram stick i had
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Community Forum Software by IP.Board
Licensed to: Geeks to Go, Inc.