Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Why do forum call there self this for System Building and Upgrading?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I was just wondering the other day why there are millions of forums that call there self this for System Building and Upgrading.And all I see them talk about or do is pick out a list of product that they hope to get and post them items.To me I always thought about true tech support from the net.Where other have put togeather there on pc.And help other with what they know.Not talk about products.

What I see other post!(example)

I'm building my first home built computer. My components are :
1. Biostar Tforce TA790GX 128M Motherboard
2.AMD Phenom 9950BE cpu
3.NZXT Tempest Enthusiast case
4. 8 gigabytes Corsair TWIN2X4096-8500C7 XMS ramt
5.Corsair TX750W psu
6.Zalman CNPS9700LED cpu fan/heatsink
7.VisionTek Tadeon HD4670 1 gb. video card
8.Zalman ZM-MFC1 6-Channel Fan controller
9.Hitachi Deskstar P7K500 500 gb. SATA hard drive
10.Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 gb. SATA hard drive
11.Sony 22x DVD RW SATA
12.Sony 20x DVD RW SATA

I see this all over the place.How is posting somthing like this helping them build there pc?

I thought I would find help like this.(My example of pc build help)

Hello my name is Mighttuss.I am installing a

in to a
Nemesis Elite Edition

There are 3 sencer the one sencer That say CPU on it I am not sure where it goes.Here a picture of the wires.
Thanks Mighttuss

Hello Mighttuss my name is Doug I will try to help you if I can.
I was looking around I found your manuals to your motherboard.
These 3 sencer wires should not give you much of a problem.
http://static.tigerd.....rd Manual.pdf

And your tower manual here as well.

What you will want to do is careful tape that sencer in place with the tape strips that came with your tower.
2 of the tape strips should hold it in place.I add a picture so you could see.

I hope this has help,if you have any more problems email me back.
Doug the tech Guy!

This is only examples but I think you understand.Why call it something that your not doing?When all your doing is talking about other products that you read about on the internet.Or that you maybe useing now.

Edited by wannabe1, 14 September 2009 - 05:55 PM.
Changed formatting to make the post readable.

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello mighttuss...

You have another topic HERE where you replied four times without waiting for a reply from others. This makes it appear as a topic that is receiving help to those of us that use the board index to choose the topics we want to help in.

In that topic you listed numerous images to look at...unfortunately all of them are hosted off site. That makes it very difficult for anyone who tries to help you to keep track if every image opens a new window or new tab. You need to learn how to Upload Images to the site so we can look at them without having to go off-site to do it.

Then you come in with this topic explaining to us in big bold red letters telling us we're not properly helping those we help. That's certainly not how you get our attention...or at least not the kind of attention you want.

As this is basically a duplicate topic..only with attitude, I'm closing this topic. Maybe if you clean up the original topic some one will drop in to help you...unless, of course, they happen upon this topic first.

I'm sorry if you found your experience here less than fruitful.