Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

files wont open

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

brandon smith

brandon smith

• Pip
  • 4 posts
i have some movie files that wont play or let me delete.

i have a folder on my desktop that i keep most of my video files in.
there are over 40 video files in the folder. mostly .avi files and some .mp4's to so its not just a .avi problem.
they all worked fine up until about a week ago. these are movies and clips ive had on my computer for a long time and have played them all several times with no problems.
i can open the folders and view the files fine, but they will not play or even let me delete them.
also cannot move the folder.

when i try to open with media player it says -
"Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct."

i also have power dvd,and it says- "Access is denied." error code 80070005.

and if i try to open with quicktime says - error-36: an I/0 error occurred.

if i try to copy a file or move it, it says- access is denied. make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use.

Ive been searching on internet for how to fix this problem and have tried a few things.
it does the same thing in safe mode.
there's only one user on this computer.
i have ownership of the files.
also other video files will play just nothing in this folder.
i have ran supper anti spyware, malwarebytes, avast, avg, registry booster, and some online scans nothing has helped.

any ideas?

can anyone help?
email me @ [email protected]

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Please, don't double post: http://www.geekstogo...te-t252811.html
Topic closed.