Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

More external HD probs

• Please log in to reply

mizark70

mizark70

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
bought a external sata hd case, plug it in and it will recognize, shows up under my computer and computer management.when i click to open it up it will give me an error, drive is not accesible, error preforming inpage operation. any idea on whats going on?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
the error you're listing seems to be related to either a corruption on the drive or an actual drive failure

with the external drive plugged in open up a command prompt

press the windows key + R then type "run" (without quotes) in the box (or click start then run). in the command prompt type "chkdsk /f <drive letter>" (again...without quotes....and <drive letter> is the letter that the external drive shows up as) then press enter...let this run to completion then try the drive again...report any errors

mizark70

mizark70

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
That fixed it. Thanks for your help. :)