Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2nd Hard Drive not working anymore

• Please log in to reply

bass1702

bass1702

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I plugged in my 2nd hard drive (120g) and it was working fine. I formatted it, and then transferred all of my files from my System Hard Drive to the 2nd Storage hard Drive.

After shutting down the system and rebooting, the drive is NO longer listed or accessibe in My computer.

It is however listed in device manager and it has a wierd name as follows:

WDC WD1210KB-01GWC1!!!!!!!!!!

In disk management, it shows the drive, but says its not initialized and also shows the drive at being a 677.83 GB Hard Drive. Which it is NOT. it also says the drive is Unallocated.

Again, the drive was working fine but when I rebooted, it stopped working.

What the...??? How do I get this fixed and not lose my data??? Please help!

Chris

Advertisements

bass1702

bass1702

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
ok, after a complete power removal for 30 seconds a reboot, Disk Management now states the following

Disk 2
Basic
Unallocated

The drive is STILL not showing up in My Computer tho. So I still cannot gain access to the drive so that I can get my files and folders transferred to my system hard drive in order to prevent the loss of the files.