Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help hith my oldy pc

• Please log in to reply

alado

alado

• Pip
  • 8 posts
:) :) :) I have a http://www.intel.com...ds/server/STL2/ and i now have a case available that has the colored cables for the lights and switches but i don't really know where to put them since i don't have the manual or instructions Posted Image and the other problem is that there is actually a 10 PIN CONNECTOR :) in the top center of the board i don't know for what is that or if i need this :)

i hope i am not spamming if i put a similar discussion of another forum in my next post THANK YOU ANYWAYS AND I REALLY DON'T WANT TO BUY ANYTHING ELSE THAT WONT WORK. :)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
One quick start guide to solve everything:
ftp://download.intel.com/support/motherbo...l2/stl2_qsg.pdf

The ten block connector to which you refer appears to be optional according to the above document. Don't forget this is a server board and server boards have all kinds of weird and wonderful bits that you don't see on mainstream boards.

alado

alado

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
i have a bestec 300w power supply with a 20 pin connector and p4 should it start if i connect it and for me to do that i neeeed to know what should i do with this Posted Image because i have my front panel with 23 pin outs wich of those will be exept for the speaker that is another thing

I BELIEVE THE 10 PIN THIN IS OPTIONAL BUT I NEED YOUR HELP

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• 8,476 posts
Connecting the power supply on its own shouldn't fire up the board. Typically this will only happen anyway if the board has an issue.

Plus I personally wouldn't use anything with the word Bestec on it. Bestec power supplies are responsible for 95% of all problems with eMachines computers as they literally cook the main board to death.

As to where the connectors in your picture go, this document has the answer:
ftp://download.intel.com/support/motherbo...l2/stl2_tps.pdf - in particular section 5.3.20, on pages 5-77 and 5-78.

alado

alado

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
well thank u my problem with the pins was resolved (pretty much) power switch (11 and 13 pins IN FRONT PANEL) thank you but then only one thing remains a misery IS with what power supply should i put the motherboard with???

THE CHEAPER THE BETTER IN MY BILL BECAUSE IM RUNNING LOW ON CASH CAN U GUYS RECOMMEND ME SOMETHING

(CONSIDERING THAT HAS AN ATX 24-PIN CONNECTOR AND A 6 pin POWER SUPPLY CONNECTOR) can you guys tell me where to buy it or at least the specs then I can look at it . This is the final vital information and I need it as soon as possible

Edited by alado, 20 September 2009 - 07:09 PM.

alado

alado

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Neil jones
Can you help mee and tell me your advise because your the only one who is helping me . I just need to know the type of power supply I need and that will be it . THEN THIS THREAT IS CLOSED

Maybe I only need a 24 Pin atx cable with 300w and DO I HAVE TO HAVE AN AUXILIAR POWER CONECTOR :) :) :) sorry if it is repost

alado

alado

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Neil jones
Can you help mee and tell me your advise because your the only one who is helping me . I just need to know the type of power supply I need and that will be it . THEN THIS THREAT IS CLOSED

Maybe I only need a 24 Pin atx cable with 300w and DO I HAVE TO HAVE AN AUXILIAR POWER CONECTOR :) :) :) sorry if it is repost

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• 8,476 posts
Any standard ATx power supply should be sufficient. If you're low on cash the Bestec should be fine to get it going to ensure it's working but I strongly recommend replacing it as and when you can.

alado

alado

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
The motherboard has 24 pins atx and the psu only 20 and also is missing the auxiliar power cable any suggestions.

alado

alado

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
The motherboard has 24 pins atx and the psu only 20 and also is missing the auxiliar power cable any suggestions.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• 8,476 posts
The 24 pin isn't a problem. You can only connect it one way.
As previously stated in this thread, the auxiliary power is noted in the manual and all the references as being optional. You don't need it.

Edited by Neil Jones, 23 September 2009 - 08:42 AM.

alado

alado

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
yeah my computer is on with an celeron and a Pentium 3 but i doesn't show anything on the screen or the bios. i dont know the compatibility with celeron or i was reading the manual and it says that i need voltage regulator module for dual processor or what can it be

DO I NEED THIS?????????? Posted Image. BECAUse IT NEVER CAME WITH THE MOTHERBORD.

I hate this server motherboard AnD I JUST WANT TO FINISH IT!!!!

Edited by alado, 03 October 2009 - 05:26 PM.