Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Kindly Help Me Pls

• Please log in to reply

mhizti

mhizti

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Kindly Help Me Please...

I want to format my corrupted computer but the F8 mode or the del mode while booting the pc is disabled due to my computer is partitioned and corrupted..

Everytime I boot the window it display only "Boot or reboot the disk"..

My computer technician friend lend me his cd that can be use but my problem is what is the step by step way reformatting that such of a kind problem a corrupted hard disk while its functions was truely disabled..

my hard disk is hitachi desktar model HDS71680PLAT80..

please help me..

Thanks a lot..

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
if you have a friend with a linux live CD, you can boot up on that linux CD and use the partition editor to format the harddrive to partition sizes of choice, but also you can retrieve any lost data that you might want from the old system before reinstalling here, either way booting up on the live CD itself does not touch your harddrive as the linux os install itself to ram only, good luck then