Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

further along in the 'load error press a key to...'

• Please log in to reply

dykeadellic

dykeadellic

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Okay, so I read the other forums, and tried to do the repair. When it went to reboot, it still went to the load error screen. no problem. I reboot, and have it read off the cd so it can finish the setup. This is what it says now:

"A problem has been detected and windows has shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

If this is your first time you'v seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardwars or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable compnents, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000006B (0x80000016, 0x00000003, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)"

I can't get it to go into safemode. This crude all started after my toshiba laptop did like 60 windows updates, one of which was a service pack. I cannot afford to take it in if someone can give me step by step instructions to fix it. This laptop is like 6 yrs old. Please tell me one of you can help. Or it'll be weeks before I can afford to have it fixed.

Advertisements

n3ko

n3ko

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Did you have Roxio Goback or Norton Systemworks on this computer?

Also seeing this code in relation to RAM upgrade with an nForce chipset. Apparently it's very picky about what RAM it will accept - did you get new RAM recently?

Edited by n3ko, 16 September 2009 - 07:38 PM.