Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

using PC fonts on mac-formatted external hard drive

• Please log in to reply

ToucanSam787

ToucanSam787

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,
How can I save files from a PC, which are written using PC unicode fonts, on a Mac-formatted hard drive? I am using a PC running Windows XP and I want to save files on a Mac-formatted hard drive because I plan to buy a MacBook as my next laptop sometime in the future. I currently use MacDrive software to be able to see the Mac-formatted drives on the PC and this works fine for all files except the ones with the special fonts. I am guessing the files will not transfer because the fonts are not recognized by the Mac-formatted external hard drive. What do you think?

I cannot just move the PC fonts into the Mac font book, because I don't actually have a Mac yet, so there is no Mac OS to do the conversion.

Would it work if I reformatted the external hard drive and included a Mac OS on the harddrive?

I know this is weird question!

Advertisements