Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I need some help with my computer

• Please log in to reply

Amanda632

Amanda632

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i recently got some viruses in my computer that damaged my hkey_local_machine file, i've tried everything to fix it but nothing seems to be working, if i click on a file on my desktop it will tell me the file was not found on my computer and to search the internet, i can only come online and can not do anything else because most of the hkey_local_machine files are missing so nothing will load up. anyone have any suggestions that might help ? its really frustrating me, and also if i download a file it will still display that its not found on my computer and i have to search the internet for it

Windows XP btw

Edited by Amanda632, 14 May 2005 - 11:35 AM.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
May I suggest that you work your way though the malware removal guide at the top of this forum where it says "Do you suspect a malware (Spyware, Virus, Trojan) infection? Please start here. ". If you still have trouble after that, post a hijack this log in the malware forum. :tazz: