Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SATA problems on my ASUS P5KPL-E board

• Please log in to reply

Hersir

Hersir

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I use an ASUS P5KPL-E mobo with 3SATA drives
Western Digital 250G
Seagate 500G
s
Asus DVD+/- writer 20X

Lately Ive been encountering problems with the SATA ports, I recently replaced my SATA cables due to a the same problem last August where my SATA1 port malfunctioned and wouldnt identify/read the HDD (where my OS was in), the other ports 2-4 worked fine (I tried transferring my drives to them and they worked).
However, the cable replacement didnt work until I decided to do a CMOS reset and SATA1 came back to life.

unfortunately just this morning before I went to class however, the same problem occurs except that the affected ports are SATA2-3, I have yet to try SATA4 port or do another CMOS reset after my classes today.

Any insight on what could be the problem in my Mobo?

Advertisements