Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Syncing with Outlook 2007 erased my contacts

• Please log in to reply

redline582

redline582

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Hi I have a samsung Jack (i637) and Office 2007 running on a legitmate copy of Windows 7 Pro (acquired from the academic msdn service from being an IEEE member). I was originally running the RC1 of Win7 and had all of my contacts and everything stored in Outlook. I recently did a fresh install with the final version of Win7 and reinstalled all of my programs. Of course Outlook didnt have any contacts in it and when I plugged my phone in all of my contacts were erased from my phone. If there is any way that I could regain my contacts it would save me a tremendous amount of work. Thanks!

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
did you format the drive during your fresh install? if so...you're pretty much toast

redline582

redline582

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Yeah I did. Unfortunately I'm not a fan of pretty much anything but fresh installs. I think I may have pretty much made a temporary if not permanent solution because all of my text messages were still stored and they contained names of people and their phone numbers so I was able to save everyone important. I really wish Windows Mobile Device Center would prompt you before it performs catastrophic actions like that. Thanks for the reply.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
well...you can set the sync settings to have either the device or the computer win in a sync conflict...in this situation if you had the device set to win...then it would have actually rebuilt your outlook contacts instead of wiping the phone

redline582

redline582

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
That was the weird thing. I had it set to have my device overwrite my desktop in a conflict. That apparently didn't seem to be the case