Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Media Center Crashes.

• Please log in to reply

Cthulhu

Cthulhu

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
So my old harddrive was failing. still under warranty so i brought it in and they replaced the hard drive, wouldnt return my backed up data unless i paid a fee ([bleep] criminals!) so i said screw you and took the freshly wiped, clean hard drive and got to work reinstalling all my stuff. When i tried to turn on WMC and to start the setup for it it gave me a blue screen of death. Second attempt made it to first screen, then small error window pops up saying it stopped responding. Same thing ever since then. Im running a Vista 64bit OS, Everything else seems good to go except for WMC, when i researched it online i found many people had the same problems, and some people said it could have something to do with the tv tuner which is installed as well. Odd thing is it worked fine before the new hard drive. could be a driver problem? Anyway heres the tv tuner info if that helps too, pretty sure this is what my tuner is : ViXS PureTV-U 48B8 (NTSC/ATSC Combo)

That's about all i got. If it isn't the tv tuner that is causing WMC to crash any other ideas?

Thanks for any help!

Advertisements